onsdag 22 april 2015

Post #1

Hi, I have started to read my book, Number the stars, for my book assignment. So far I've read to page 55 and I think that Number the Stars is very interesting. I think the book is easy to get into and that it's easy to read. Also, I think the book has a very captivating story.

The books story: 

Up to this point we have found out that the story takes place during World War II and that it's about a ten-year-old girl named Annemarie. Annemarie lives in Denmark with her family. Her younger sister Kristi, her father and mother. She had an older sister but tragically she died. Which you've yet not found out how.

Annemarie's best friend is namned Ellen and her family is jewish. Denmark is held by the Nazis which are looking for Jews in Denmark. To help them find the Jews they
have a list of all the Jews in Denmark. Among others is Ellen's family on the list. Ellen can with help from Annemarie's family remain in Denmark by pretending to be Annemarie's sister but Ellen's parents must sadly flee.

My thoughts:

The book is so far neither happy or sad but I think it is going to get sad with time. I believe this because the topic of the book is very a miserable and serious subjectAnd therefore I can't see why the book would be joyful.

I can't relate to Annemarie's conditions during the war because I have never experienced anything like it. I don't think anyone can understand Annemarie's situation unless you have experienced something similar yourself. But if I had been in Annemarie's situation, I would unfortunately never be able to relax and I would feel a constant fear, even at home.

One thing that I however can relate to is Ellen and Annemarie's friendship. After reading it feels like Annemarie would do anything for her friend. I also have a friendship like that with one of my friends. 
  
I like reading Number the Stars and I look forward to continuing doing it. I hope you liked my post and until next week I'll have laid out a new one. /Ella







 

4 kommentarer:

  1. Great blog. I think that you did a good job with the spelling and grammer, and that your informations and reactions are asome! Keep it going!!!!!!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Great blog. I think that you did a good job with the spelling and grammer, and that your informations and reactions are asome! Keep it going!!!!!!

    SvaraRadera
  3. Nice work and good grammer!

    SvaraRadera