måndag 4 maj 2015

Post #2

This week I've read to page 88 and I still like the book very much. Although I've only read a few pages it has happened allot.

Whats happened:
In the pages I've read this week the Nazis came to the Johansens (Annemaries family) to see if Ellens family were hiding in their apartment. Ellen who's relatively good at acting does still get a difficult time pretending when the soldiers are critically examining her different look comparison to the Johansens. Ellen has dark and curly hair when Annemarie and her younger sister Kristi have blond hair which makes the soldiers questioning if they are siblings or not.

Luckily Annemaries father finds a photograph of Lise (Annemaries older sister who died in a car accident) when she was smaller. Lise apparently had dark and curly hair as a baby. This photograph saved Ellen from getting taken by the Nazis and maybe getting send to a concentration camp. 

My thoughts:
I thought that this part of the book was very exiting. I almost couldn't stop reading. I really thought that Ellen would get caught which made it very dramatic. I also thought that the situation seemed very scary for the Johansens because Annemaries parents are responsible for Ellen while her parents can't be present. I don't know if the Johanses could forgive themselves if something happened to Ellen

One thing I noticed when I was reading this week was that the parents in the Johansen family were very open to talk about the war and the society with their kids. If Ellen or Annemarie were wondering something about the war it seemed like the parents weren't afraid to tell the truth to their children and it didn't seem to matter how tough the topic was. 

If I would have been in a situation like the parentes were I would have a hard time telling the children the truth because the war is a very scary and serious subject and the children in the book are very young which makes it even more difficult. 

At the same time, I think it is good that parents are open with their children. Then the children trust their parents and therefore avoid having to wonder what will happen to them.

I hope you liked my blog post. Until next week, I have read new pages and put out a new post. //Ella


2 kommentarer:

  1. You are doing a very good job reacting and connecting to the book. Have your parents ever kept the truth from you because they thought it would be too difficult?

    SvaraRadera
  2. I agree that it happend allot after only read a few pages, you did a great job not to write too much, as I did. I also like that you are writing the information and your reactions in different parts in your blog. Great job!!!!!

    SvaraRadera