söndag 10 maj 2015

Post #3

This week I read to page 115. I found surprisingly that this part of the book was the most exciting thing I've read so far.

Whats happened:
In the three chapters I read this week Annemaries mother, Kristi, Ellen and Annemarie herself visited Annemaries uncle, Henrik who lived outside the town. Henrik lives there because he is a fisherman. Annemarie, who has always loved to visit her uncle feels that something is wrong this time and she is right.

Annemaries mother and Henrik were lying to the children, saying that a relative died. Annmarie sees, however through their lies and confronts her uncle. Her uncle is not, however, willing to tell the truth about why they lied because he believes it will hurt her. She learns that she has been right all along but she's still wondering what will happen.

My thoughts:
I liked this part of the book because it was very exiting and because what you read made you wonder what will happen next. It was like a cliffhanger. You also needed to think to understand the summery of it all instead of just taking in the information.

In the book Henrik tells her that they lied because it is easier for children to be strong in contexts of war if they don't know everything, and I agree with her uncle. It's not as easy, for example, to lie to the soldiers if you know that you are lying. If you are unaware it is easier and more compelling for the soldiers that everything is okay.

I feel at the same time that I recognize myself a bit in the situation that Annemarie is in but on another level. My dad does sometimes, not lie, but bend the truth. For example when he wants me to get more positive about something he can lie to make it sound more fun or when h
e knows that he going to get late he can make it sound like he's near by when he's not.

Both mom and dad lied however when they got divorced. They lied about why the got divorced. They were not exactly hinding someting form us but we didn't know about everyone and everything. Now that I'm older I know why, but just like in the book, I think they didn't want to hurt me and my brother because they thought we would be stronger and go through it easier if we didn't know the whole truth.

I think it's been fun to read this week and I hope it will be just as much fun next week. Hope you enjoyed the blog post and until next week I've written a new one. //Ella




3 kommentarer:

  1. Do you feel that children are strong enough to actually handle the truth?

    SvaraRadera
  2. Youre text is really great, espesially the connection you did with the lie in the book to youre reallity with youre parents when they revorced.

    Maybe next time you can write a little bit more about what you thought about the secret meeting in Henrik's house and how you reacted when the Germans came.

    SvaraRadera