söndag 17 maj 2015

Post #4 (last post)

This week I finished the book. I thought that the end was really exiting. I really wasn't expecting what happened.

Whats happened:
Last week the nazis came to Annemarie's uncles home to investigate. Luckily they got away with their plans (which still was hidden for the reader). It was not untill this week's reading, you got to find out why they all had a secret meeting together and what the planed to do next.

It turned out that the reason they all had met was because Henrik (Annemarie's uncle) would help them escape to Sweden with his fishing boat. Everything went as planned until a packaged got lost. Peter (Annemarie's dead sister, Lise's fiancé) gave Mr. Rosen a packaged that contained one of the most important things that would make the plan fulfilled. Without the conten the nazis would figure out what was going on.

The package contained a handkerchief. In the handkerchief, there was a drug that destroyed the soldiers dogs sense of smell. They had to use the drug on the dogs because they would of found the hidden people in the boats otherwise

Luckily Annemarie found the package in time and managed to get to the boat before the soldiers had examined it yet. Thanks to Annemarie they all came to Sweden safely.

My thoughts:
I think that this part of the book was really exciting because everything was at stake at the end. When I read the last part, I could hardly stop reading because it was so exciting. 

One thing I noticed when I read this week was how much responsibility Anemarie has to take. I also noticed that there are many times in the book when people are relying on her, which must be very heavy for Annemarie. An example of this is when she had to take the lost package to the boat on time and at the same time convince the soldiers that everything was normal

To have so much responsibility when you are so small is probably very difficult. If something goes wrong, many people's lives are at stake, and everything depends on her. If I would of had as much responsibility as a kid I would of lived in constant fear and never been able to relax. Annemarie must be very mature. I'm not sure I couldn't handle everything she has gone through even though I'm five years older.

My thoughts about the book:I liked Number the Stars very much. It was very exciting and I got a pretty clear insight into how it was in Denmark during World War II. I am also very glad that I live in Sweden who has it very simple in comparison with other countries.

I hope you liked all of my blog posts. // Ella

3 kommentarer:

  1. I agree that Annebarie had to take so much responsebility when she only was 10 year. What did you think about the end of he book, when you read that Peter died and that Lise was one of the rebellions? Aniway you did a great post, I really enjoid to read it!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Nice blogg, a lot of information! It's fun to read because your thought are really good!! You have done a great job!

    SvaraRadera
  3. Very good text with much information! I like that you had so much thoughts about the book and that you related too your own life. Good post Ella! /Moa

    SvaraRadera